Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Brain Actually Works

It's a fact that my brain is sometimes a weird, strange, scary place.  But today?  My brain thought of something that made me happy.  

Saturday morning and I've got errands to do: bank, get gas, go yarn shopping.  I'm thinking up my plan of attack, about going to the bank first to get it out of the way, then driving allllll the way down to the yarn store, and where in between to stop and get gas station.  I think and discard at least three different scenarios before my brain really kicks in.

Silly girl, it says in a slightly mocking voice, go to the bank out there on Buckley where there will be less of a line, then you can travel down to the plaza where there is a Joann Fabrics and an AC Moore.  No, wait!  Even better.  Travel a little further, go to Hobby Lobby.  You have that gift card.  And then, if they don't have what you want, you can stop at the plaza with the other two stores on your way back.
  
My brain is awesome!

Now, I get lost really easily (sometimes even going places I know how to get to) so I was a bit nervous.  I'd only been to Hobby Lobby once before, Sis took me, and it's not in an area I know really well.  But after a quick and painless stop at the bank, I took the road that I knew would lead me in the right direction.  And when I started to get scared that I missed the store, I remembered it seemed very far down the road and that there was a sign and a light.  And there it was!  Fortunately, I did find what I wanted at Hobby Lobby.  I got enough yarn for the baby's blanket and a couple of skeins of the stuff for Sis's.  The rest of my order still hasn't arrived and I figured out I needed a few more skeins anyway to make the whole thing.  So, at the very least, I can get more of it done before her birthday.  And I will definitely have enough to complete the whole thing.

So, I'm going to have me a Sherlock marathon (BBC version, of course) and knit and crochet until my wrist is ready to fall off.  And then, a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment