Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ready!

I have my coffee, the sweet nectar of life, in my crochet goddess mug, just for added incentive.  As the caffeine works it's way through my system, I'm planning my day.  More crocheting is on the agenda.  I made good progress on Sis's afghan yesterday, but I had to put that away before she got home from work.  She's been known to pop in, even if I'm hiding, and I don't want her to see it.  Because I know, I know, if she catches a glimpse of it, she'll know it's for her.  It's a blue green color, and it's a blanket, and it's a yarn she wants a blanket made from, and her birthday is in eight days.  So I'm absolutely certain that she'll know instantly that it's for her.  I'm also certain that I won't get it done in eight days, but I will  wrap it while it's still on the needles and give it to her that way.

But Sis does not have to work today, which means that I can't pull her blanket out of hiding and work on it at all.  That's OK though because I've got the other blanket I'm working on.  As I mentioned, the baby's blanket is made out of motifs that are joined together as they are worked.  I only got seven done yesterday, but it doesn't actually take me too long to make one.  I had to keep stopping to stare at it, questioning whether it was the right pattern to use.  You see, it's a rather lacy pattern.  And as I looked at it, all I could hear was Mom's voice says "But it's got all those holes!"  Mom is extraordinarily against holes in a blanket.  She thinks it doesn't keep you warm when they are there.  I disagree.  Maybe not as warm as a solid fabric, but still.  But she's kind of, inadvertently, made me paranoid about patterns that have holes.  But it's so pretty!  Here, I'll post a teaser pic so you can see what I'm talking about:

So, yeah.  That's a close up of what it will look like.  Pretty right?  I should totally ignore the bad voices, even if they sound like Mom, and just keep going.  In the end, I think it will be absolutely lovely and that it will be greatly appreciated.  I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that is really pretty!

    By the way, I told my friend about you taking photos of your finished projects and today she showed me the photos she'd taken of her January projects. She thinks it was a great suggestion, so your words are inspiring people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alder!

      And thanks for saying that! It's nice to know that my ideas are something that other people can take and use as their own. I really appreciate that.

      Delete