Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bah!

The yarn order.  I'm not entirely sure why, but I got one skein of yarn yesterday...and the other seven have yet to be shipped.  It makes me nervous that I won't get it with enough time to complete it before Sis's birthday.  She knows something's up, too.  Because I refused to open the box in her presence.  Oh well.  She's not saying anything and neither am I.  

The plan is to start the afghan anyway.  Hopefully, the rest of it will arrive next week sometime and that will give me enough time if I really push myself.  If it's not done, she'll know it's not my fault.  Either way, I know she's just gonna be thrilled!  And that pleases me.  

Also yesterday, I put up a post showing off some of the things I've made in recent years.  Sadly, I'm really really bad about remembering to take pictures of the things I've completed.  One of my goals this year is to now take pictures of everything.  If only so I can look back and fondly remember.  I've made hundreds of things in the last seven years or so...OK, maybe hundreds is an exaggeration.  But not by much.  Half of it, I can't even remember.  And that's the sad part.  In this day and age, with digital cameras and cameras in every phone, it's really too bad and way sad that I don't have photos.  I'm going to try really hard to take pictures for posterity.  

So, in with The Avengers because I can really never watch it too many times, and yarn in my hands.  I'll probably get through the skein pretty quickly, but at least I can work out whether I want to do garter or stockinette...and figure out a gauge.  Ish.  Because I'm not big on gauge swatches but I have no idea how many stitches to cast on, so I need a rough idea.

To the needles!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a good idea to record what you do, to give yourself that sense of achievement when you look back. I have a friend who has made that her New Year's Resolution for 2013. She knits, and paints and plays music, (talented, I know, but hey, I can eat and read books, lol) and has started keeping a written record of things she completes. She hasn't mentioned taking photos, so I must suggest that to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you've got some talents too there! lol. I intend to keep the pattern with each picture as well, so that if I ever go back and want to do it again, I'll know what it's supposed to look like! Or at least, how I got to the finished result, considering I don't often make the same thing twice!

      Delete