Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Skeery Place

Sometimes, my brain is a scary place to be.  The things it thinks of all on it's own without any provocation from me is daunting.  I'm not speaking of anything particular.  Just that today, it was bouncing around to so many different places and thoughts and ideas that it was a wonder I didn't drive myself stark raving mad.  And I'm sure that if anyone actually to glimpse the internal workings of my mind they would be shocked and maybe a little appalled.  That's all right though because I'm pretty comfortable with the way it works.  I just wish I could slow it down sometimes.  Or maybe to be able to actually write what I see in there in a way that did it justice..I'd probably be a best selling author.  ☺

In other news, I made my aunt's scarf and it turns out lovely and she adored it.  I ended up just chucking the norm and doing it my way and it all worked out in the end.

I also completed Sis's afghan!  I don't think I mentioned it.  But that was on New Year's Eve.  It's a blue and green variegated background with appliqued turtles on it.  Considering that it was her gift for birthday last year I feel pretty good about getting it done before her birthday this year.   Fool me already has another blanket in the works for this year's present (she's a blanket fiend) but it's made out of the homespun thick and quick so I'm thinking I might finish it a little bit closer to the actual day.  That's the hope, anyway.

Anyway, the big plans for tonight is to dive right into the scary place and see if I can't make some sense of what's been going 'round and 'round my brain all day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment