Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Effort and Reward

Petulance is a trait that I'm not proud to have and try, mostly, to curb.  When I have to do something, I don't want to do it.  So, right now, with the projects looming with deadlines I don't actually want to do it.  In fact, my brain is swirling with all these other ideas and things I do want to do.  

It's come to the point that I have to bribe myself.  If I am a good girl and yarn for the next three hours, then I can reward myself by playing on the internet, visiting the blogs I follow, and reading a book.  But only if I'm a good girl and do my work first.

With a time limit, I give myself a goal to work towards, and when I'm feeling whiny and want to put it down, I know I just have a certain amount of time left.  Once I've done what I'm supposed to then I can do what I want.  

Sad that at my age I need to do this in order to get things done.  And it's sad that something I love so much turns into a chore the instant I feel like I have to do something.  I will gladly waste hours with yarn in my hands when I should be doing something else, but the moment the yarn is what I need to be doing, it's suddenly the only thing I don't want to be doing.  I revert to a  five year old and whine and stamp my foot.

Anyway, this petulant child is taking herself off to work with the yarn.  I'm going to put in the effort so that I can get my reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment