Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fin!

Some Christmas decorations may or may not have already found their way out of storage and onto the walls/tables/doorways.  I take the 5th on the grounds that what I say might incriminate me.

But!  Good news!  Fantastic news!  Yes, it's true.  I finished Sis's blanket!  You're shocked and surprised, I know.  But it really is done and I have the photographic evidence to prove it!


 Ta Da!  Here it is, ladies and gents!  The finished product.  Can I just tell you how relieved I am?  Cause, seriously.  It took forever and a lot of that was me being lazy and just not wanting to.  But I realized yesterday afternoon I was in the home stretch, that it was almost done and if I just put in a few hours more work, I could finish it off.  It did take a bit longer than I anticipated, of course.  Because I kept getting distracted by the TV and I was knitting kind of slowly.  But then I got down to it and just got it done.


Finished size: 60" by 120"  Big right?  Honestly, I could have kept going a bit and made it wider but...well, it was big enough and it was unwieldy and I was ready for it to be done.  Yes, I have a couple of skeins left over.  But that just means they can be used for another project in the future.  A big, thick, cushy scarf or shawl, I'm thinking.  I wish you guys could feel this yarn.  It's so soft and cozy.

She had no idea it's finished yet.  I'm going to leave it for her to find.  Because that amuses the crap out of me.  Not going to say a word, just kind of drop it off.  I'll be giggling about that all day.  And just in time too, as the snow has finally started and is apparently sticking around.  Now, she can stop nagging!


This is it, all laid out on the floor.  You really can't grasp just how long it is. Because I knitted it garter stitch, it scrunches up a little in the middle when it's just left to it's own devices.  But it's got a lot of stretch so it's made for tucking around your body.

But it's done.  And I am pleased.  I just hope she likes it.  I mean, I know she'll like it.  I just hope she doesn't have any complaints about it as well.  Love my sister to bits and pieces, but sometimes she's a complainer.  I just don't want to hear about how she wishes it were bigger.  Of course, I think she knows better than to say that to me.  Plus, she's a yarner herself so she knows how much work goes into it.  I really think she'll appreciate the heck out of it.

And hey!  I finished it a month earlier than last years!  This time, it's only 10 months late! :)

3 comments:

  1. ✩Yay!!✩

    5'x8½' is big alright. I like that you're surprising her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. That should read 60" by 120" not 102. I have to fix it. It's way too long. :)

      She'll like the surprise. I can't wait till she sees it!

      Delete
    2. 5'X10' - wow, that's a whole body scarf. :) She's going to love cuddling up in that when she's reading in bed on a cold winter's night.

      Delete