Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Recap!

--Saw Thor and adored it.  I was pleasantly surprised by all the funny.  My favorite line? "Ta Da!"  If/when you see it you'll understand.

--Then back to the house for food, cake and prezzies.  Chocolate cupcakes with PB frosting were to die for.  I wish I hadn't stuffed myself so full of Chinese food before hand so I could have eaten more than one.  

--Present anecdote: The BFF opens my gift, on which I didn't actually say was from me, and she grinned and said, "I know who this is from!"  Without missing a beat, Marvin says, "Well, you know I've been working really hard.  And let me tell you, it's been a bitch to hide it from you living in the same house!"  We all laughed.  She was super happy with them and excited that she can now be warm at work.  Being the best friend of a yarner, she knew what questions to ask about laundry care.  I was pleased.

--Got home late and, since I didn't get my nap yesterday, was exhausted.  I fell into bed and slept hard all the way through to morning.

Now, I'm going to finish a novel.  I've got less than 6,000 words to meet my goal of 50,000 and maybe 10-12,000 for the entire thing to be done.  I'm really going to do my damnedest to get all the words on the page today.  They don't have to be perfect, I'll polish it up when I edit.  But I really want to complete it, so I'm going to try.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, glad you all had a fun time yesterday! Good luck on the writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time! And thanks, I'm doing well with it!

      Delete