Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, November 1, 2013

I Hate Waiting

The title of the post is said in the vein of Inigo Montoya.  You killed his father.  Prepare to die--okay, no not really. But remember that scene in The Princess Bride when the Man In Black is climbing up the face of the cliff and Inigo is at the top waiting to kill him?  And the Man in Black is taking a long time and Inigo announces he hates waiting?  Yes, that is me.

I'm writing this Thursday night as I wait, wait, wait for midnight.  See?  I'm doing NaNoWriMo, which you know, and the rules say you start writing at midnight.  Now, I'm not usually opposed to bending rules a bit.  But here's the thing: I've taken on this challenge and I'm determined to not only complete it but to do it all within the confines of the rules.  

So after I found the yarn for Izzy's prezzie and watched a bit of TV...I'm at loose ends. Because I'm just waiting for midnight.  I'm going to start Izzy's shawl and maybe get one repeat done, and I'll be dead tired when midnight rolls around.  But I'm going to start writing.  Even if it's just a couple of paragraphs.  Because that's when this whole thing starts.  

I have a feeling that I'm going to be cranky tomorrow, I get grumpy when I'm tired and a bit snappish, but when I get home from work, it'll be back to the computer.  Everyday, there will be words on the page.  It's only 1667 words a day.  I can do that.  I've done it before.  Only this time, I'll be forcing the muse to do what I want instead of the other way around.

Wish me luck.  I'm going to need it.  

2 comments:

  1. November is going to be YOUR month, I can feel it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With that kind of confidence, I have no choice but to succeed! Thank you!

      Delete