Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Random

--Ha!  I finished another project!  It's a secret though...no pictures, no discussing it.  Shhhh!  This is the most important thing, so it goes first.  (Pictures and discussion will come later.  Promise!)

--I never really cared much for Halloween.  I'm not a big fan of scary and when I was little I was the mouse, the princess, the pretty witch.  And as much as I liked the candy, I never really got into trick or treating.  I was about ten when I asked to stay home and pass out candy instead.  Now, I mostly run and hide.  It just doesn't do anything for me.

--I will not be dressing up in any way, shape, or form.  I will be wearing regular clothes.  Though, in the past, I have been known to wear my Ren Faire costume, my Soft Kitty hoodie, and one year I went as a Cabbage Patch doll.  I even had Xavier Roberts' signature on my ass.

--I do not like Candy Corn.

--October is over!  Already!  But what a relief it is.  October is not my favorite month.

--I took the first week of December off as vacation before I decided to do NaNoWriMo.  It occurred to me just now that after a month of stress and crazy writing, I'll actually have a week off of everyday life to recover.  How creepily awesome is that!?

--If you're going out in the revelry tonight, enjoy yourself.  Have fun!  But stay safe.

--Happy Halloween!



2 comments:

  1. I remember our history teacher, who grew up in my home town here in Scotland, telling us that when he was a boy before the second world war Halloween was the one night of the year that children were allowed to misbehave. (Changed days, eh?) They used to take people's gates off their hinges and carry them off, tie together the door handles of terraced rows of cottages so they couldn't be opened, and if anyone had been particularly unpleasant to them through the year they would climb up on the cottage roof and lay something over the chimney so their house filled with smoke. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I saw the musical "Meet me in St. Louis." There's a scene in which the youngest daughter pulls a prank for Halloween. I had no idea what was going on or why this seemed to be the norm for Halloween. A bit of research, and I found out what Halloween used to be. As soon as I read the pranks your history teacher used to play, that scene is what I thought of! :) It had to be quite and experience to survive Halloween back then!

      Delete