Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Shower Day!

It's here.  The day we're having a bunch of people in to celebrate the anticipated birth of my nephew.  

Honestly, it's a bit of "world's colliding."  There's my family, there's her family, there's Brub's friends from law school and a few from his old work, and Izzy and The BFF, too.  So yeah, it's going to be a an interesting mix of people.  But we're all coming together with a common goal.

And food.  There's going to be so much yummy food.  And cake.  

So now, I'm going to put up the decorations (which is all on me, I bought them and I love them, it's fun!) and do all the food prep.

The thing about parties though?  You spend all this time getting ready: planning and cleaning and cooking and what have you.  And then, in a matter of hours, it's over.  Done.  Days and weeks of preperation for four hours of merriment.  Is it worth it?  Really?

We shall see.  It'll be a good time at least.  

And I'll certainly be looking forward to a nap when it's over.  



3 comments:

  1. Aw, you'll deserve a nap for sure! And as long as no one gets in an argument and stalks off in a huff all will be well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gonna be a hell of a day. And mom keeps asking me what I'm doing. "Taking three deep breaths," I answer.

    ReplyDelete