Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

New Direction

After hearing some very sound advice, I decided to abandon the sweater.  Not forever, just for now.  There's no point in busting my ass to get it done when it can be gifted later.  Namely at my nephew's birth or even Christmas, which will be a short few weeks later.  So instead, I'm making a crocheted toy.  Not Death By Carrot, because I was made to promise that no toys made were morbid and/or creepifying.  

But first I had to find the pattern book.

Now, I'm more settled than I was, but there are still a lot of things in boxes and bags.  And I looked every damn where for this pattern book.  It wasn't where it should have been, in one of the three canvass bags I keep yarn and patterns in.  And I was getting super frustrated.  But then, I found it!  In another bag that it shouldn't have been in that was sort of hidden.  So I started work on that last night.  I'm almost done, so look for pictures tomorrow!  Just two more fish to go!

Of course, I worry (because that's what I do) that people will think it's a cheap gift because it doesn't really look like much.  But I need to get over that.  It's my work and time.  And it's cute.  And useful.  And I already made a blanket and there was already a shower, so I think it's fitting that this present be less.

Now, I just have to get it done.

2 comments:

  1. Good thinking, Kris, you can be a bit more relaxed about the weekend now you're not anxious about getting the sweater finished. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty damn cute, if I do say so myself. I can't wait to show!

      Delete