Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Yesterday

Work has gotten, in a word, crazy.

Yesterday was the epitome of that.  See, we got this new system for part of what we do and it's full of problems.  Remember?  A while ago, I was supposed to learn the new system so I could show other people.  That didn't end up happening because they moved the training and I had to stay in the office that week because someone else was out and Ro was back so she went instead.  But anyway, we went live with it last week and it's been a hot mess ever since.  It doesn't work like it's supposed to and it was a push to make it go live and nothing, nothing, is turning out right.  So there's that.

And then, for some reason, all the whack jobs came out of the woodwork and have been calling and I had to spend most of my time on the phone explaining the same thing over and over again because they just can't seem to understand the words that are coming out of my mouth.  It's frustrating and I don't blame them, not really.  But it's making for stressful times.  

All in all, I'm very glad it's Friday and there is weekend to look forward to.  And breakfast with the BFF at our place tomorrow.  And a trip to the farmers market. But also? Amy Lane's Ethan in Gold is out today and I can't wait to get home and read it.  I've been waiting for this boy's story since he showed up in Chase in Shadow and even more so once we got to know him better in Dex in Blue.  I just know my heart it going to be torn up and put back together again.

I just need to make it through the next 8 hours.  And then I can relax.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor you on the work front. I hope the new system can be sorted out and you're not stuck with a dud.

    Enjoy your book tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work is poo right now. I'm crossing my fingers it'll get resolved soon. But I should probably stop bitching about it. And I'm certainly looking forward to the book! :)

      Delete