Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stomach Bug

Yesterday, I was sick.

I got up and got ready for work, all the while pretending that I didn't feel like a great big pile of shit.  But then, my body informed me, very loudly, that no, we wouldn't be going to work.  

Before I went back upstairs on to bed, I laid on the couch for a while.  My Anyanka came right over and crawled up onto my chest, wanting pets.  I indulged her for a few and then my eyes drifted shut.  She curled up on me and snuggled in.  It's amazing how much heat a six pound cat can generate.  (My Anyanka is very wee)  That alone made me feel a bit better.

Eventually, I crawled upstairs and slept most of the day.  Around five I woke up and managed to keep down some toast.  Then I slept some more.

That's the only problem with staying home sick from work.  You can't enjoy it because you're sick!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor you. I hope you are feeling okay today.

    *sympathetic and healing hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm better, mostly. Still not 100% but no longer nauseous. I really hate that feeling. Thanks for the healing hugs!

      Delete