Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mini-disaster

So, I have a laptop right?  And I had this awesome tray type thing, that had adjustable legs and the fan built right in so that I could work or read while sitting cross legged on the bed.  Could even lay back on the pillows and be super comfortable and have the laptop right there.  I mean, that's the point of a laptop right?  So you don't have to always sit at the desk?  But notice how I said had?

The other day, one of the legs just snapped off.  And while it was going down, it took the other leg on the same side with it.  Two legs just poof!  Broken.  It happened so fast there was nothing I could do to stop it.  There was nothing I could do to save it.  And I kind of stared at the wreckage for a few minutes because I was shocked and pissed.  I loved that thing, it was perfect.  Alas, sadly, it is no more.  I tossed the legs in the trash with much more vehemence than was necessary and consoled myself with Reese's Big Cup (god, I love those things!) and moved on.  

I've done without for a few days.  But I'm going to have to buy another one. Now, I was saving for other things, but I'm going to have to dip in and get a new one.  I can't not have it, I've found.    Because it just doesn't work as well without it.  And I'm pretty sure it's stifling my creative process.

We can't have that now, can we?


**edit--I thought I had scheduled this to post after I wrote it this morning, but apparently not.  Sigh.  Sometimes, I'm painfully technologically challenged**

3 comments:

  1. Keep the receipt! Sounds like it is a necessary writing tool and you might be able to claim back some tax on it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'm not sure I'm quite at the point of doing itemized taxes but I keep the receipts anyway, so I should be good. But yes, necessary!

      Delete
    2. I think in the UK you can back claim up to 6 years, who knows where you might be in 6 years if it's the same in the US!

      Delete