Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

More Knitting

I spent the entire day yesterday yarning.  Almost literally.  I finished one of The BFF's mitts and then...well, I couldn't resist the other yarn I bought so I started working with that.  It's so freaking fabulous!  It's a baby alpaca/merino wool blend and it's just so light and lofty but so warm too!  Honestly, I'm a little sad I'll be giving it away once I'm done with it.  I'm going to have to go back and get more yarn and make myself something too.  Well, I say that but we all know the issues I have with making things for myself.

So, that's what I'm doing today again.  Watching Supernatural all over again (I started at the beginning again yesterday) and knitting.  I'll finish the other mitt and then go back to my fabulous yarn once it's done.  SSS (remember the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome, of which I am an chronic sufferer) is rearing it's ugly head and I don't even want to do it, but once I get it on the needles and start doing it, I'll be able to muscle through.  I think the mitts are lovely and I hope she'll be pleased with them.  Look for pics tomorrow because...

I'm skipping Second Blessing this week.  It's just not where my head is at all.  In all honesty, I've got so much else going on in my life right now that I might put it on hiatus for a bit.  I hate to do that to any of you who are reading along, and I'm not quite ready to say it officially.  It definitely won't be going up this week, but, as much as I enjoy Sean and Daniel (because I really do) and even though I know where the story is going, I'm having issues wrangling them to where they need to be.  It might be good for me to take a step back for a bit.  I want to tell a good story, a story that's worth telling, and I'm afraid I'm forcing it.  Whenever I tried to get the next episode written this week, it all fell apart.  And that's not good for the readers or the characters.  Thoughts?

Anyway, I'm in yarning mode today and I hope I'll have pretty pics for you tomorrow, along with a pattern.  

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the results of your knitting day. :)

    Ah, those naughty boys are troublesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! Damn naughty boys.

      And I'm hoping to get it done tonight! There was a shopping trip that cut into time...so I'm working at it again now!

      Delete