Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Stroller Toy

 Ok!  Ta Da!  Made a stroller toy!  Okay, so you can actually hang it on a stroller or a crib or even the car seat.  But fun right?  You can click to embiggen.  Anyway, so this is my fish stroller toy and I didn't like the tails that the pattern originally called for so I made my own instead.






A closer up shot.  It's hanging on the curtain rod in this pic and in the next one.  Because, you know, the curtain rod acts like the cross bar on a stroller/crib/car seat and so I wanted to see how it would look.  Still cute?  I think it is.  


And this one is a slightly different angle so you can see different parts of different fish.  So, anyway, a little something to stimulate his little growing mind and to occupy his time.  And maybe improve his hand-eye coordination as well.  I used the bright colors because that'll definitely catch his interest.  





So that's done and that's what I'll give at the baby shower.  Now, down to business!  We're leaving tomorrow somewhere around noon so I'll be around this weekend, but only as time/cell service allows.  (To be fair, I doubt coverage will be an issue, but you never know when you might end up in a dead spot)  And considering my weekend, I'm just going to go ahead and say that the next ep of Second Blessing will go up on Tuesday.  I may be able to finish it in time for Monday, but to ease stress (because I have enough heaped on this weekend) I'm just going to call it a Tuesday posting so I don't have to worry about it.  On Monday, instead, I'll give a recap of my weekend.  And if the leaf peeping is any good, maybe there will be some pics of that as well.  I haven't been to Massachusetts since I was about 18 (which is sad, because it's right over there) and it was a spring time trip.  Tune in Monday if you want to know about my weekend!

Everyone, have a lovely weekend yourselves.  And I hope yours is less stressful than mine expects to be.  And hey, maybe it'll all go better than I anticipate!  One can hope, yes?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is soo cute, Kris. I love it!

    Ooh yes, leaf pics if possible, please.

    "...you never know when you might end up in a dead spot" *shivers* Cue Halloween plot bunny. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're cute too. I sort of want some for myself! lol

      And thankfully, I don't write horror. So that inspires nothing! Ha! Well, except...dammit. There is one plot bunny.

      Delete