Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Yarnaholic

Oh, God, I really am.  I sort of think that I need to join a 12-step.  Except, the fiber addicted really don't need to reform, now do we?

My goddaughter's birthday snuck up on me and there was so much other that I was doing that I didn't actually make her anything.  That's okay because I did get her a sweet little outfit and when I go shopping tonight after work I'll pick her up a toy too.  Because she's two and godmothers should be practical as well as frivolous, don't you think?  We're celebrating on Sunday and it'll be fun.

Last night, I was lazy.  In that I didn't get anything done that I should have been doing.  But I did knit!  And gasp!  Can you believe it? I actually worked on Sis' blanket!  I know, I know.  Try to contain your shock.  Thanks to a great suggestion (thanks again, Helena!) I pulled up an audiobook that I've had for practically ever and got through the first couple of chapters and just knitted away.  I actually had a fair bit of fun whilst doing it too.  So tonight, after some shopping, I think I'm going to do it again. 

My weekend will be jam packed, I think.  Some cleaning and organizing (blargh) and helping with the munchkins tomorrow and then party fun on Sunday.  So tonight, after I get the things I need, I'm just going to relax, listen to some more book, and keep my lap warm with Sis's blanket.  I'll actually feel like I'm getting something accomplished and I can relax and mentally prep for a busy weekend.  Because even though it'll be a good time, yes, it will be busy and I don't do so well with that sometimes.  

When the audiobook stalled out right after chapter two (I had to restart it, my computer went weird) and I just had to finish the row I was on before I could reach out and fix it, I got absorbed in the awesome yarn.  And I started thinking about this other awesome yarn I recently worked with (Kodiak by Berroco, seriously hella awesome) and I started imagining what I would make with it because I intend to go back and buy some more to make something for me.  And I was thinking about how my hands are always cold at work and I really should make myself a pair of fingerless mitts like I've been wanting to do for forever.  And I was thinking about the yarn that I bought and had shipped from Scotland and how I need to make Auntie's shawl before her birthday.  And I was thinking about Izzy's shawl that needs to get done before her birthday.  And I was thinking about how I have to make the BFF's Christmas present.  And I was thinking about how I love to buy yarn almost as much as I like to make things with it.  I was thinking all of those things in the five minutes or so it took me to finish the row when it sort of hit me, all over again, like a brand new thought (though I've had it many a time before) that I truly am a yarnaholic.  Which brings us full circle.

But I won't be joining a 12-step.  I will hold my head high and proclaim it to the world.  "Hello, my name is Kris, and I'm a yarnaholic!"

Have a splendid weekend y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Lol, yes. Celebrate your yarnaholicism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe! Yes, thank you, I do believe I will! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm so pleased the audiobook helped! Next thing you'll be an audiobookaholic too... but it would help you turn that yarn into all the projects you have, so it would be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Like I need another addiction? :) No, you're very right. It seems to be the best of both worlds. Thank you!

      Delete