Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Right On Target

I walked out of the store and immediately sent The BFF a text that said "Target was a complete success!"

Her immediate response? "Well, duh!"

I love Target.  Good prices, a little higher end merchandise than Wal-Mart (not there's anything wrong with Wal-Mart), and it has everything you need.  The only problem with Target is I want to buy all the things!  Instead, I just made a mental list of what I would get in a few weeks, or a few months, when I was a bit more settled and had a better idea of my needs.

What I bought: a curtain, a curtain rod, a mattress pad, a power strip with surge protector, a toy, batteries, tap lights, a snack, Command Strips, and kitty litter.  Now, tell me, how awesome is it that I could go to one store and get everything I needed in one go?

What I wanted to buy: an ottoman with storage inside, a stackable cube shelving unit, a chair, sheets, a lamp, a hook rail, picture frames,  and a hamper.  There were probably other things that I would want, but I finally made myself leave so as not to be tempted any further.

I got what I needed and I have a list for the future.  I'm all set for now.

I have much to do this weekend and I'll be a busy girl.  And I'll be exhausted when it's over.  But I know I will feel accomplished and that is an awesome feeling.      

4 comments:

  1. Another question - what are Command Strips?

    I like the sound of the stackable cube shelving unit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. 3M makes them. They are sticky on both sides, but strong. You can hang stuff with them (they make hooks too) and they stay until you want to take it down. When you do, you pull down on the little tab and it comes off cleanly without damaging your walls. You can check out their website http://www.command.com

      And me too! I really think that is a purchase I'm definitely going to make!

      Delete
  2. Command Strips look very handy! I've not come across them before though we may have them.

    ReplyDelete