Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, November 4, 2013

What's Going On...

All right.  Here's the truth.  Second Blessing (for those of you who care and follow along) is on temporary hiatus.  I hate to say it and I hate to do it, but my mind is very elsewhere right now.  Can't tell Daniel and Sean's story when they've gone silent.  Or, more to the point, have been drowned out by other voices.  So you won't see anything from them this November.  I apologize if that makes you angry or upset.  

Halloween, I mostly hid away and waited for midnight.  But while I was waiting, I got the first repeat done for Izzy's birthday present.  I think it's going to be pretty awesome once it's done.  Have I told you what it is?  I don't think that I have.  It's a shawl...with skulls.  Seriously.  Skulls.  It's pretty Gothic awesome.

Other than Izzy's shawl, the only thing on my list to do and get finished (other than Sis's blanket, yes I know, I'm not going to make my deadline on that) is Autnie's shawl.  Still haven't found a pattern.  Still don't know what I'm going to do.  I think it's going to have to end up being crocheted because I don't have the time to knit it.  But that's all right.  I'll worry about that next month.  I have until the beginning of January.

I did have a productive weekend that I feel really good about though.  I wrote a lot, which was so good.  It feels good.  And I'm riding that high.

Babysat for the bulk of Saturday.  I adore those kids and we had a good time.  The baby was fighting sleep so hard.  I gave her to Tato and she snuggled down on his chest and he started humming.  Out like a light and she slept for more than an hour, which she needed so badly.  Way to go, Tato!  

I don't have much going on this week, which is how I like it.  Work, words, the season finale of Face Off, downtime with the yarn.  And then finish off the week with celebrating the BFF's birthday. It's going to be good.

How about you?  Anything exciting going on?

2 comments:

  1. Exciting - no thanks! I prefer a quiet life. :) Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. Quiet. Oh yes please. I prefer it that way too.

      Delete