Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, July 5, 2013

5th of July

So, I had the foresight to take today off from work.  It's probably the only second time in the history of my work experience that I've taken a day like this in conjunction with a holiday and I'm so very glad I did.  Long weekend equals yay.

The BFF doesn't have to work either but her company is smart and gives their employees the day off.  So, we're headed to breakfast in a bit and then we're going to see Despicable Me 2.  Who cares if we are, for all intents and purposes, adults?  We're kids at heart and the first one was so freaking good.  I seriously love those minions with a fiery passion.  Somewhere once I saw a crochet pattern to make a minion...

Speaking of which, Gru's scarf?  It's on my list of things I want to make someday.  It's not anything complicated, you know, just gray and black stripes.  But yeah, first thing I thought when I saw it was that I wanted to make one.  You know I'm like that.

At any rate, that's my morning and early afternoon.  And then there will probably be a nap

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I love that movie & we watch it every time it's on! Can't wait to see DM2. I'll think of you now every time I see Gru's scarf lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited about it! I have the first one on DVD and sometimes, it's all I watch all weekend while yarning.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen 'Despicable Me'. I'll have to get the DVD from the Library. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely give it two thumbs up. I think you'll enjoy it!

      Delete