Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Filter

Do you think they make a plot bunny filter?  You know, something that would stop the plot bunnies from getting into my head.  With the slightest provocation, they are jumping in and digging warrens.  I need some sort of filter, I really do.  Removable, of course, but it would be nice not to be struck with a scene or vague plot idea multiple times a day.  It's happening with a lot more frequency than it ever used to.  And it's kind of awesome, but I don't have time to actually write all these stories and they take up room from things I'm actually writing right now.  So when I should be lost in thoughts about my current WIPs, I'm thinking of something else entirely and something that, probably, won't ever see the light of day.

I took a minute to write down all the bunnies hopping around in my head.  The list is somewhat long.  On top of that, there's nothing very original about them.  Same story that's been told a million times.  It's the same tropes that I love to read but there are hundreds of them out there.  And what is in my brain is just one more to get lost in the pile.  Yes, I know, it's hard to create something that would stand out and there's a reason the stories get told.  And, for me, the reason that I read the same kinds of things even though I know how it's going to end, is because I want to see how the characters get there.  But even if it's the same story, there should be something different.  A scene that you never expected or an interesting character quirk.  Something.  I've got nothing.   

Tired of hearing me complain about it yet?

So, yeah, a filter would be nice.  Just for my peace of mind right now.

2 comments:

  1. Evil plot bunnies are eeviilll!!!

    http://petit-j.deviantart.com/art/When-plot-bunnies-attack-174785291

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My God, YES! That's how it is! I love that. ((hugs Alder tight)) thanks for that!

      Delete