Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Tried

I really did.  I swear.  But you know what happens when I make plans.  So there were plans and then there was trying to force it and...frustration and no words is what ended up happening.  So, I think we'll skip this week, unless the muse is kind to me, and we'll just post up Soul Bond: Part 6 on Monday.  K?

Instead, I'll tell you about my weekend, shall I?  It started with Friday night and reading Forever Promised by Amy Lane.  If you're not a fan of Ms. Lane, don't buy this book.  If you haven't read any of the rest of the Promise series, don't even think of buying this book.  Because if you don't already love these characters, this book won't mean anything to you. I am a fan and I was already emotionally invested in these characters and so I had to have it, I had to find out their ending, and I had to do nothing else but read until it was done.  For me, it was worth it.  A lot.  For other people, maybe not so much.  But I'm totally on the bandwagon of people like what they like and if they don't like it, they don't like it, and there should be no judging either way.  I loved it.  And my heart was ripped up and put back together.  Yeah, Amy Lane knows how to work the angst.  And I like the angst, so it was all good.  And my people (well, her people, but I've totally adopted them) have their forever and I am satisfied.  

Saturday, there was reading, and yarning, and a bit of cleaning, and a general sense of apathy and malaise.  Not sure exactly what that was all about but it passed and Sunday happened.

So, Sunday, there was cleaning a lot more in the morning (including the bathroom, which I hate with the fiery passion of a thousand suns but I seem to be the only one who does it) and vacuuming and scooping the poop (I love my cats, I do.  I have to keep telling myself that because that's the only thing that makes cleaning the litter boxes tolerable).  And then there was visiting and lunch with Brub and his girlfriend (who's now sporting a wee tiny baby bump) and yarning some more.  Sis did some yarning, too.  And I'm watching her knit and I said, "Sis? Um, since when do you knit continental?"  and Sis stops and looks down at her hands where she's tensioning (did I make that word up?) the yarn with her left hand and she goes "I don't!  I'm a throw knitter!  No wonder I was having such a hard time!" which made us laugh.  But then she ended up going back and forth between throwing and continental and it amused me greatly.  I was able to take a nap after that for a bit.  And then the family, who we thought would be showing up in the late evening hours, didn't actually arrive until 11:30 at night!  I was very tired by this point but had to stay up and get kisses and hugs and talk some.  By one, though, I had to call it a night and took my tired ass to bed.  But, of course, they were still pretty wound up so for a while all I heard was doors opening and closing, and the sound of pattering feet, and voices that I was not accustomed to.  I drifted off eventually, but when the alarm started ringing, I was so very not ready to get out of bed.

There's work today and work tomorrow, and then the 4th, so no work, and I have Friday off as well.  So long weekend for me.  I'm looking forward to it very much a lot.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you really need your long weekend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready for a weekend that is actually long instead of just feeling that way. No recovery time last weekend! And I'm hoping to get some things accomplished. But I'm not making any plans! Lol. Hugs back!

      Delete
  2. Who turns up at 11.30!! There's late, and there's really late... Especially annoying after you had to clean the bathroom, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit on it, Helena! I was a bit disgruntled that it was so late and that I had cleaned the bathroom all sparkly for them not to enjoy it. If they had gotten here even an hour earlier it would have been so much better.

      Delete
  3. Good to know you're an Amy Lane fan ;) She signed her bookmarks at RT "angst & pain Amy Lane" lol. I just bought FP too and can't wait to read it. I love all her books but Joe from Sidecar is my hero. Don't stress on your chapters. You set up the schedule not us says the slacker lol! We had Canada Day yesterday but weekends are never long enough!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge fan. And lol, I was just telling the story of angst and pain, Amy Lane, to my brother last night. And oh, Joe...I think I'm going to have to put rereading Sidecar on my to-do list too! It's been a while.

      You say not to stress, but I do. Because I said every week. And I follow things where there's huge gaps and I get impatient myself. I didn't want to do that. But a week's not so bad, huh? Hopefully, it's worth the wait.

      Delete