Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Recommended

I don't normally do book recs.  I'm well aware that my taste is not the same as others and some of the things that I find awesome others don't.  And I'm cool with that.  I'm a big proponent of the "people like what they like, and there should be no judging" mindset.  But this book?  This one I have to tell you about.

Last December, I won a copy of The Nothingness of Ben by Brad Boney.  I would have probably gotten it eventually anyway, but I won a copy and so, read it immediately.  I loved it.  Boney had a way of making the characters feel so damn real, I felt everything along with Ben, and the story as a whole was just so good that I had that happy satisfied sigh when I finished the book.  And I knew that whatever came next, I would read without hesitation.

The next came out about a week ago. The Return was phenomenal.  Seriously.  I'm not going to give a synopsis, because it's hard to do that without giving anything away.  But I will say this;  it's basically two parallel stories, the past and the present, and the way they intersect, all the little nuances, the similarities and where they show up and why...I really, really loved this book.  I was completely and totally impressed.  And when you find out why, you believe it, because of all the groundwork Boney laid down for you. It's easy to believe.

Now, technically, you can read The Return as a stand alone.  But you'd be doing yourself a great disservice.  Not only would you miss out the wonderful tale that is The Nothingness of Ben, but the characters from that book are a part of The Return as well.  And when it all comes together, and you see everything, you'll be happy you've read them both.  

And when you're done, check out Mr. Boney's blog and see what's coming up next.  You'll be as excited as I am.

Now, please keep in mind that this is just my opinion and you may not agree.  It's okay if you don't.  But for me?  Yeah, I loved it a real lot and I can't wait to read The Eskimo Slugger which will apparently come out sometime next year.

**Just there is no confusion, both these titles are M/M**  

2 comments:

  1. It's always such a pleasure to read a good book, isn't it? I've had 'The Nothingness of Ben' on my wish list for a while now, I'll have to treat myself to it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, heavens, yes. When you read something you thoroughly enjoy, are well pleased that you bought it, and know it can go into the reread pile, that is some serious satisfaction right there. I have a serious appreciation for a well written story.

      Delete