Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

YAY!

I have in my possession yarn that was grown in Scotland, spun in Scotland, and dyed in Scotland.  It finally, finally arrived yesterday!

The colors are...not exactly what I thought but still incredibly lovely.  It's gonna be a bitch to wind into balls thought.  I wanted to do it immediately, but I knew if I did, then I'd want to start playing and I just can't do that right now.  I promised Sis.  Not that I'm working on that, like I should be, but I still can't play.  Not yet anyway.  Not until I get at least more of the blanket finished.  

God, I'm such a slacker.  

But!  I have the yarn and it is wonderful.  It even smells like yarn shop and that's great too.  And the muse, she is planning things.  Things that I hope will be as gorgeous in actuality as they are in my head.  Cause, yeah, sometimes that doesn't always work out right.  But I'm hoping.  

It really is very special yarn.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your Scottish yarn arrived safely. No pics? Wanting to knit with this will help you to finish the blanket. How many skeins have you still to knit up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, logic right there. You would think that would make me work faster, wouldn't you? But no, it's making me be a serious slacker. I still have like, five skeins to go. Siiiiigh. I know, I need to get working.

      Pics will come, I promise.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. *g* I have a whole picture montage planned...but it has to wait a bit. I promise, you'll see!

      Delete