Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Burial at Sea

Sadly, we've had a few fish fatalities.

At first, I felt really bad because I was afraid it was my fault.  But logic prevailed.  If it was something wrong with my tank, none of my fish would have made it and they would have perished much quicker.  Within a day or two, not four or five.  I'm not sure what led to their demise, but the remaining fish are thriving.  I am a good fish mommy, I promise.

Also sadly, once they passed, the other fish did what fish do.  And there were only pieces left.  Is that too much information?  The fish I have aren't in any way aggressive toward each other.  So it had to be after they were fish corpses.  It's a sad thing but I know that the fish that are left are happy.

I'd always intended to head back to the store and get a few more fish to add to the tank.  It's pretty big and can hold a lot and I'd always wanted to put in a few more.  I had thought I'd go next weekend.  But I may go tomorrow instead.  We'll see.  It's an awfully big space for just five little fishes.  And I know its better for them to all get used to each other at the same time.  Even if they aren't territorial.  Which mine aren't, but still.  

Plus, I'm not gonna lie, fish shopping is pretty damn fun.      

2 comments:

  1. "And there were only pieces left." - Oh yuck! It's lunchtime here you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Oh I am apologetic about that! I hope it doesn't ruin your appetite. It was gross though :)

      Delete