Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red, White, and Blue

You know what happens every time I see those colors?  I think of this afghan I made for Brub a couple of years ago for his birthday.  

I picked it out of book and I got all excited about the prospect of making it and then I got to thinking that maybe he wouldn't love it like I thought he would so I took the book to him and said, "If you were to get one of these, which one would you want?"  And to my utter delight he picked the exact same afghan!  So, I made it for him.

It was sort of a bitch to make, a variation on a ripple afghan, and it was done entirely in single crochet so it took forever but the end result was so worth it.  I really love it a lot.


Happy 4th, everyone.  Remember to take a moment today and appreciate the freedoms we have...and the ones we're still working towards.    
 

4 comments:

  1. That afghan does look difficult to make! I'm sorry, but I have to ask...was it done in time for his birthday? :0)

    Enjoy your days off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Actually it was! But I finished like, the day before and I didn't think I was going to and only managed to squeak it out in the end.

      It wasn't that hard though, just a bit tedious. It was a lot of counting. Fortunately, counting is not math!

      Delete
  2. Happy 4th! That looks so intricate & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! And I swear it wasn't that complicated. But I love that it looks like it.

      Delete