Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Birthday Hangover

Yeah, I had a stellar day yesterday.  I felt special and lucky and cared for all day.  Got some excellent presents.  And teases about presents yet to come.  

It's sort of hard to come down from that kind of high, to be honest.

But, sadly, I'm a grown up.  And my special day is over.  So it's off to work I go to do responsible adult things.  But hope is alive!  Because my birthday is stretched out this year and I'll get more party going on this weekend.  Just getting together with some friends, but that's enough for me.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm not much of a party animal.

In the meantime, I'm working hard on Izzy's shawl and I hope to finally finish it up in the next couple of days.  It was a serious bitch to get all worked out.  Not in the least of the problems was the fact that the pattern was originally in Swedish.  With the help of some English translations, frogging it and starting over five times, and a bit of my very own crochet know-how, I've finally, finally, got everything sorted and know what I'm doing.  Look for picture in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. You restarted the shawl five times!! Now that's what I call perseverance! *impressed*

    "Teases about presents yet to come." that sounds like fun, and must definitely help the feeling that your birthday isn't over yet!

    ReplyDelete