Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Lazy Weekend

Happy March everybody!

I had me a fairly lazy weekend.  I did get conscripted to some impromptu babysitting while kind of wrecked my plans (of course).  And I was a bit upset by that for a while.  And two-year-old would not take his nap, which is strange because he's usually really, really good about that.  Of course, when Sis took over again, he fell asleep in five minutes.  Don't know why he was fighting it so hard for me!

But, pretty much, it was a lazy weekend.  I took a nap on both days (seriously one of my guiltiest pleasures) and read some books.  I watched a couple of movies.  I wrote a little.  Drank tea.  I didn't yarn.

It snowed some more and I just grumbled at the sky.  Usually, winter doesn't affect me so much, but this year, right now, I'm over it.  I don't even need it to warm up so much as for it to stop dumping snow on us.  Guess it's my own fault for living in one of the snowiest cities in the US.  Last I heard, we came in at number 20.  I suppose that means there are 19 places in the country that have it worse than I do.  

But I'm ready for longer days and no snow. I'm ready for it to consistently be in the the 30s and 40s.  I'm ready to not have to wear socks to bed...only to lose them in my sleep. :)

But it's March, and that means hope is on the horizon.  We'll probably get snow on and off for at least the next month, but the end is in sight.  And then it'll just be rain to deal with.  I like rain.  I like the way it sounds and smells.  And you sure as hell don't have to shovel it!

It's still winter, but spring is coming.  I'm not the most patient of people, but there's nothing I can do but wait.  Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long!

2 comments:

  1. Happy March to you, too!

    You've had a bad winter this year, no wonder you're ready for spring. It'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete