Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Don't Wanna

You ever just want to throw yourself down on the floor and flail away, screaming "I don't wanna!" like a three-year-old?  

Good, I'm glad it not just me.  

I get in these moods sometimes.  When I don't want to go to work, and I don't want to yarn, and I don't want to write, and I don't want to watch TV and I don't want to read.  I just don't want to do anything at all.  And I resent the fact that I must do at least some of those things.  I miss the days, sometimes, when I had no obligations and my time was taken up by naps and juice and cookies.  I just want to throw myself down and have me a big ole tantrum, refuse to do anything necessary and just be.

Alas, when I wasn't looking, I grew up into a mostly responsible and semi-respectable adult.  So I must go to work.  And I must clean.  And I must do all those grown-up, responsible things.

But I long for the days when I didn't have to.

I long for the days when I felt no guilt, when I had no responsibilities.  And I mourn the loss, for I shall never have that again.

Fortunately, this only hits me sometimes.  But today is a day that I want to scream, "I DON'T WANNA!" and then not have to.

2 comments: