Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Recovery

What a hell of a weekend.

I'm not even kidding when I say that it's basically taken me the last two days to get my head back into normal space.  I love my relatives and it's wonderful to see them, but it's almost as good to see them go.  Loud, crazy, all up in the business, making my life chaotic.  I like my routine.  I need things to go a certain way for me to be able to function at optimum levels.  The disruption is always a hard thing to take.

But peace and quiet has been restored and I'm back to being me again.

Currently, I'm working on an updated and better version of Spock.  And now that I've discovered a different way to do the hair parts, I think I'll finally be able to finish Captain Kirk.  Well, I'm making him over again too, in the new and improved way.  And then there will be a matched set.  Spock must have his T'hy'la.

The BFF's mitts are only half finished.  But she's not pressing me to have them done.  In fact, she sort of doesn't want them until the summer, as it's sort of a tradition.  And now that it's finally starting to warm up a bit, it's a moot point anyway. She'll have them when they are done.  

I got two new pattern books for my birthday.  And I'm dying to dive into that and make some of those things.  So after Spock/Kirk, I'm going to crack those babies open and start playing there.  That is going to be a great deal of fun.  

There's a baby blanket on the horizon as well but I still have a couple of months for that.  I know what I'm going to do and with what kind of yarn, so I'm doing well there.  (Famous last words right?)

At any rate, it was a good weekend, and fun...and crazy and chaotic and I'm glad it's over.  But I enjoy it for the most part.  Except the parts I didn't.  And now I'm looking forward to getting through the week and having another much quieter weekend.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, looking forward to seeing Spock and his Kirk.

    ReplyDelete