Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Skullz

All laid out

Closer up

Closer still!
I actually managed to succeed!  And it turns out that it doesn't really need blocking so much as a "lay flat to dry" instructions.  I knew as soon as I hand washed it and held it up, it would work out okay.  And then when I laid it out, it all spread out just fine.  I pinned it down a bit anyway, just in case, but it really doesn't need it.  That's the beauty of the yarn I used.  And it also makes me happy because if she needs to wash it, she doesn't have to reblock it, she just needs to lay it flat.  

So, now it has about 24 hours to dry and hopefully, it'll be ready to go when Izzy is ready to leave.  In fact, I've decided it will be just fine by the time tonight rolls around.  And hey, it's only three months late!  That's way better than I do on Sis's birthday presents! :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!

    That's extraordinarily fantastic! I've never seen anything like it! It looks really intricate, Izzy's going to be thrilled. Does she like gothic? I have a picture of her now in my mind's eye - black, black hair, piercings and tats! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. Actually, she doesn't look like that at all! She's fairly preppy, tbh, but she has a flair for the gothic.

      Delete