Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ran Out of Yarn

I freaking hate when that happens!!

Like, really a lot.  See, I wanted to yarn but I didn't want anything that involved thought, so I pulled out some chunky yarn and started making a shawl.  My coworker wants one.  I thought I had enough.  I did not.  It's like a shawlette.  Which fits me just fine, but she's a good five or six inches taller than I am.  So I don't think it'll fit.  And I would pop to the yarn store really quick after work and pick up another skein...except that it's supposed to be very yucky all day.  And I'm sure that when it's time for me to leave work, I'll just want to get home safe and sound in one piece.

But I hate that the project is so close to being done and I just need one more skein.  If it wasn't so treacherous, I would do exactly that.  But it's shaping up to be really nasty, snow and freezing rain and sleet...the whole nine yards.  I'm not looking forward to the drive in to work in a little bit.  

And speaking of the weather...we had such a glorious day yesterday.  I mean, really, absolutely beautiful.  And it really lifted my mood.  But now...yeah, yuck all over again.  I'm just hoping it's not as bad as everyone says it's going to be.

At any rate, I ran out of yarn and the weather is crappy and I just want to stay in bed.  But alas, I am that responsible adult type person, and off to work I go.  To stew and wait for the day to be over, so I can white-knuckle drive home.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a shame about the yarn, and the miserable weather. :( Could you put a different coloured border on the shawl if you have chunky yarn in another shade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had any, I would have. But it's the last bit left over from Sis's blanket, and it's the only bit I had. Definitely have to go shopping. The bonus? When I told her I ran out of yarn because she was too tall, she insisted on paying for more yarn and wouldn't take no for an answer. I appreciated that so much!

      The weather is absolute crap, btw. And just keeps getting worse. But it's only supposed to last until the morning and then be bright and sunshiney again!

      Delete
    2. Fingers crossed it is sunny tomorrow! And that's nice she's paying for the extra yarn, hope they still have that colour. Didn't you have a problem getting extra to finish your Sis's blanket?

      Delete
    3. It was a problem having it delivered. I found it in the store no problem. And since I only need one, maybe two, skeins, it shouldn't be an issue.

      Not going tonight though, even though I really want to. I want to get home in one piece more!

      Delete