Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Incoming...Again

Family is descending in my home again AND I'm getting together with friends to celebrate my birthday.

It's going to be a loud, crazy, fun, stressful, interesting, nerve wracking, insane, loving, weekend. Wish me luck all right?  I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

In other new, I'm nearly done with Izzy's shawl. But I have to pick up the pace and work faster because it has to be blocked. I hate blocking, but there's no help for it. It's lacy and you have got to stretch it out because, otherwise, it's all scrunched up and you can't see the skulls or the beauty that it is.

So when I get home tonight, I have  to convert my room to receive a guest and yarn like crazy. Because I have to get it blocked out tonight so that it has time to dry. Gonna be fun (cue the sarcasm). At any rate, she can take it home with her after my get together and it'll be all good.

Now if only I can remember where I put my pins...

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with it all!! I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of this shawl. Skulls....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skulls are freaking fantastic. I'll make sure to get good pics.

      And thanks!!

      Delete