Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Yep, I Did It

I bought a new laptop.

It needed to be done, really.  Mine was getting a bit scary.  Near the end of it's life.  There were programs on there that I don't even know how they got there, and I'm not computer savvy enough to know if uninstalling it will create a critical break down.

Now, I knew I needed to get a new one and I was saving towards it.  And when I went out Saturday night, it was not with the intent to get a new one.  Actually, it was with the intent to help Sis pick out one for her.  I was going to be good, save some more, and do more research.

But the fact was, I knew what I wanted.  I really did.  So when we were at the store and there was a sale for a particular bundle of the exactly what I wanted and needed, well...yep, I did it.  I bought a new laptop.

Sis, incidentally, got the same one.  

The fun part?  It's touch screen.  Which I didn't think was necessary, really, but it was the one on sale.  So it's all exciting and shiny and new, and even though it's taking a bit of getting used to, I'll get there before long.  Hardest part is learning the quirks of the new OS.  Ah well, that's why God made the internet.  When I don't know how to do something, I'll just look it up and someone somewhere will tell me how.

Getting used to the new keyboard is also a bit of a challenge.  But it's not so different.  Just the spacing is slightly off.  And there isn't any clicking as I hit the keys.  Very quiet.  

But I'm very pleased with my purchase and I'm certain I'll be downright in love with it before too long!

2 comments:

  1. There'll be no stopping the words now! Only, do you find the silence when you type a bit off-putting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, it was only weird for a couple of seconds and then it was really nice.

      And goodness, I certainly hope the words keep flowing!

      Delete