Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, March 22, 2013

And Then Tortoise Happened

I knew my plans would get shot to shit.

First, Alder so generously pointed out that Sis's afghan is being neglected.  Thanks for that, by the way, Alder!  So, I felt guilty.  And I started rearranging plans in my head because I should be working on that some right?

And then Sis got going about how she wants a tortoise, which she's been researching for weeks.  And because of the guilt, I agreed to go to the specialty pet store with her.  She told me she wasn't ready to buy, but I knew, I knew, once we saw the tortoise it would be coming home with us.  She called ahead and found out they had one female Russian Tortoise.  Which was on her list of approved tortoises to get.  All the way there, she insisted that she wasn't going to buy and that she didn't necessarily want a Russian, because she really liked the cherry headed red foots.  We walk in, we walk around, we look, we finally ask and they pull the tortoise out of her cage.  We hold her.

We came home with a tortoise.  

I gotta tell you, she's freaking cool.  I'm not even sure why.  But she's just cool.  It's not like she does anything exciting, she just kinda hangs out.  She doesn't make any noise.  And maybe that's why.  

Meet Lucy Mae:

At any rate, after tortoise shopping and then setting up her new home, and then (and I blame Jay for this) a book review that made me want to read a new book, I did all that instead of making amigurumi guys.  Oh well, there's always tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Always happy to help! And now your Sis only has herself to blame since she took you away from her afghan, no need to feel guilty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Yes! Thank you. When she asks, it's all her fault! Here you are, helping again. :)

      Delete