Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Feast of St. Patrick

I'm not entirely sure when this particular saint's feast day turned into an excuse for anyone and everyone to get rip roaring drunk but I am solidly against it.  Adults don't need an excuse such as this to imbibe and they should be responsible enough not to drink to that kind of excess.  I get that it's a celebration and all but seriously?  It's gone too far.  

That being said, I am having a wee party today.  But it's not in honor of St. Patrick.  I'm having a few friends and family over to celebrate my birthday, which is actually two days from now.  We're having spaghetti, my favorite meal, and my favorite cake, and mostly we'll be sitting around, laughing and talking, munching on snacks, and just being together.  A good meal, good friends, and good conversation.  And cake.  

6 comments:

  1. I can't think of a better way to celebrate your birthday eve eve! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an enjoyable way to celebrate. Have fun and be sure to overeat - birthdays are one of those days where calories don't exist!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally taking your no calorie comment to heart, Alder. Not that I pay a lot of attention to it anyway, but there will be massive carbs!

      Delete