Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Downward Spiral

Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling emotionally raw.  I don't know what caused it and that was the thing that was freaking me out.  I know I was over tired and that was a contributing factor, but there was no actual reason for me to feel like that.  The more I thought about it, the worse it got and for no reason at all, I was sitting at my desk fighting tears.  

So, I talked about it with a few of trusted friends.  I spewed it all out.  And, like the clouds parting and the sun peeking through, I started to feel better.  And those friends gave me support and some theories and I felt even better.  And by the end of the day, I was back to normal.

I don't normally experience things like that and it was upsetting.  But knowing that I have a support system like that?  Knowing I can let it all out and those friends take it on their shoulders so the burden isn't on me?  Knowing that just getting it off my chest relieves the pressure?  I am reminded once again, just how blessed I am.

I just hope that I am able to be the same support back, should it ever be needed. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to share and let go of the bad feelings. Things don't seem so bad when they are shared. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth? As long as you have a trusted place to share them, that is.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you would do the same Kris. It's always easier to be subjective and help out when it's not happening to us. I've actually had to the play the "what would you say to someone if they came to you with this" game if I can't figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. About being able to be subjective, I mean. Where I was in my head yesterday, I wasn't even able to think like that so it was very good for me to get some outside perspective.

      Delete
  3. I forgot to say how hard it is do lol. Hard to use that in the situation you were in yesterday. Works more for eveyday life dilemmas.

    ReplyDelete