Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Very Bad, No Good Day

I'm not in the best place emotionally right now and when I got to work, a well meaning friend asked me how everything went this weekend. She was checking on me, I know.  But that brought all the emotions flooding to the surface.  I had just finished talking about it when I get called in...and got royally in trouble.  Yes, I made a pretty bad mistake and yes, it was stupid and could have been avoided if I'd been paying attention.  And I swear the circumstances were different than they looked, but I couldn't prove it so I kept my mouth shut.  The response was a little disproportionate to the mistake...which I quickly rectified.  Or at least, got the correction in motion.  But it felt heinous.  But at any rate, I really didn't need that on top of everything else and I've been sort of in an emotional downward spiral ever since.

But it was just...one thing too many, I guess.  I didn't have the voices or patterns or daydreams swirling in my head to make things better.  I will spiral back up.  I always do.  But it made today a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to let it go...I'm going to try my hardest. Sending hugs right back. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Sorry it was so crummy for you. I guess in perspective, how bad would the work thing be if you weren't in a grieving state of mind? When you're feeling raw, anything major or minor feels like another scrape but that's normal. Hope you're stronger soon. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay none of this sounds right. I just mean work isn't as important as family in the scheme of things. Going now before I make it worse lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Oh, Mary. I actually understood what you meant perfectly. It would have been bad, yes, but I think the emotional rawness did make it work. I'm doing my best to let it go, which is harder in the state I'm in, you're right about that. Hugs you back!

    ReplyDelete