Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, March 29, 2013

To Hell With It

I'm making plans.  I don't care that they've, recently, all fallen apart.  I'm making them anyway.

Part of the anxiety issues I have is from the not knowing.  I need to know what to expect.  I need to know what I'll be doing and I need to know how people will react.  It's when those things are unclear that I have issues.  

So, it's Friday and the weekend is looming and I'm making plans.  

I'm going to work on that modular knitting thing I mentioned and see if I like it.  It seems easy enough and I know I'll either absolutely love it or absolutely loathe it.  There will be no in between.

I'm going to lay in bed and watch a movie while doing nothing else.  Usually, I multitask; write or knit or crochet.  But I'm going to use it as and opportunity to destress, give the movie my full attention and just chill.

I'm going to take a nap because that is one of my supreme guilty pleasures and last weekend, I hardly napped at all.  I'm not sure how that happened, but I feel deprived because of it.

And I'm going to take some time to just be; quiet, still, just be me alone with my thoughts.

I feel much better than I have over the last couple of days and I'm going to do my damnedest to keep that going.

4 comments:

  1. Good plan Kris! Multitasking is good for work! Not so much fun at home for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, exactly. I'm forcing myself to take a little decompression time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "time to just be" that sounds lovely.

    From time to time I make a to-do list, and then it sits on my desk for months and gets buried under other things. Often I'll do something, THEN add it to the list, just so I have something stroked off!

    Have a lovely weekend where all your plans unfold perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your lips to Gods ears. I'm hoping it works out!

      Delete