Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Semi-retirement

No, not for me.  Unfortunately.  Mom is officially semi-retired.  She only works part time now, just to keep her brain active.  And because we worked in the same building, I usually rode in with her.  But now that her hours are less, I have to drive myself.  

Have I mentioned before that I hate driving with the deep and fiery passion of a thousand suns?  I do.  I'm a pretty good driver; I respect the rules of the road, and other drivers, and stop at stop lines and use my blinker...anyway, I still hate it.  Hate.  It.  Because its scary.  Because all those other people on the road don't have respect and they are trying to hit me.  If I can get someone else to drive, I do it.  I'm comfortable behind the wheel as long as no one else is on the road!  But now, I have to drive myself, and the driver's side window in the convertible doesn't close all the way (there's like a quarter inch gap) and everyone else is driving like there's no one else on the road and they aren't in control of a deadly vehicle and...I haaaate it.

But as I was driving home today, rocking out to my music, I remembered the one thing I like about driving.  When I'm the only one in the car, which can only happen when I drive, the plot bunnies start bouncing around in my brain like they are on crack.  The muse thinks this is the very best time to start playing around.  Why?  I have no idea.  It's not like I'm able to write anything down.  But there she goes, feeding me all sorts of ideas.  Not like I need anymore ideas, though. I've got plenty of those to spare.

Getting on the page, however, is proving to be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment