Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tempting Fate

I know I'm totally asking for something to fuck with my plans just by the act of making them, but, alas, I can't help myself.
 
Making amigurumi, in the past, has been always been something that I can do very quickly but I don't do very often.  You see, the whole point of this particular type of crafting is to use a much smaller hook than you normally would with the weight of yarn so that it's an incredibly tight gauge.  And that makes sense because that way the stuffing doesn't show through once you get the polyfil inside, right?  But the down side of this is that it makes my hands cramp and my wrist ache.  And sometimes it's hard to keep track of the beginning of the round or which round you're on.  

But I got all these lovely (and morbid and creepifying) patterns just waiting to be made.  And I have all this yarn...tons and tons of it...in my stash.  What a perfect way to use up some stash yarn, right?  So yeah, I'm making plans.  I'm going to make some of these little amigurumi guys.  

When I get home from work, there will be first, a bit of searching to find all the yarns that I need (because my stash has had a crazy penchant for spreading out) and then a bunch of yarning.

Stay tuned for pics in the near future.  

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the pics, BUT, what about your sister's afghan?!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SEE! Didn't I say I was tempting fate? LOL. I honestly had forgotten about it the last week or two until you just reminded me. NOW I feel guilty. I still don't have all the yarn I need though I do have one skein left. Siiigh. I guess I'll get on that too ;p

      Delete