Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Now Know

I can talk about this now because it's over and I've processed...

I now know what the bad feeling I had the week before last was all about.  It wasn't work, or the guest post or Toby's mitts.  Though all those things were a cause for a bit of anxiety, it wasn't what was causing the icky feeling in my stomach.

Very unexpectedly and without any warning whatsoever, my uncle passed away. He was my godfather and I spent a great deal of my childhood in his presence.  Every summer, I would spend a week or two with him and my aunt.  It was a special time, just for me.  He was a vibrant man.  Our views didn't always align, but he was a goodhearted and generous soul.  He was very loved by his ginormous family as well as many, many friends and neighbors.  I know that we will feel his loss always.

Rest in peace, Uncle.  You are with the angels now.

4 comments:

  1. That's sad, Kris - sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alder. It's very sad and we feel his loss a great deal. But I was wonderful to share all our memories.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kris. So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had an amazing bond. Hope your good memories keep you going. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I'd like to think I was special, but he had that bond with everyone he touched...he just made each one of us think it was special. He had that gift.

      Delete