Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's My Birthday!

Yay!

OK, so birthdays don't bother me at all.  I don't care that I'm another year older because I don't feel any older than I did ten years ago.  I don't have any of those hang ups that other people do about birthdays.  To me, age really is just a number.

At work today, I'll get cookies (because there's been a lot of cake lately and I wanted something different) and lunch (my choice; I'm getting baked ziti) and then dinner out with the family this evening.  Maybe some more presents.  I like presents, I'm not going to lie.  And speaking of presents, some things I got on Sunday at my little birthday party were:   

-Pink and gray plaid flannel pajamas which are very comfortable

-Gift certificate to my favorite local yarn shop; extra cool because she does these statues of sheep that are the gift certificates

-Two books for amigurumi; one has all these sweet animals in in it, big heads, wearing pajamas, a little turtle family, extra sweet.  The other?  That one indulges my dark side; mental patients, headless horseman (with horse), vampires, aliens, shark eating a severed limb, a bunny impaled by a carrot...just awesome!

-An ergonomic handle to use with my crochet hooks to hopefully keep the carpal tunnel at bay

-A gift card to Amazon so I can buy more gay romance (that was from Toby and that's his stipulation...complete with suggestive eyebrow waggle)

-I also know that I will be getting a messenger bag with Thorny's sunshine on it because my brother double checked with me before he ordered it 

The muse gave me an early birthday present and I've already got the part two of Spell Break written.  I just have to reread it a thousand times and edit.  You all still have to wait until Monday though.  ;)

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! What great gifts! You'll definitely have to post pics if you make any of those amigurumi. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I definitely will. I'm think the bunny dead by carrot is up first. I just can't get it out of my head; it's gruesome and hysterical at the same time!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Kris! I'm late to the party. You got some really cool presents. I still have to place my Thorny order. I'm going to a book convention and I want to give the mini buttons out. I sent you an email on the weekend btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! So it was you! It didn't give me a return email OR a name which is how I found out the email form I had was poo and why I got a new one now. Thank you for helping and great big hugs for what you said. I'm glad I could help a little.
      The buttons to hand out is a fabulous idea'
      And thank you for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  3. I definitely filled out my name & email address and I got the successfully sent message. And thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't doubt it. I tested it to see what came through...so should have done that when I first added it. I'm sorry I couldn't respond directly. The new form is much better so we won't have that problem again.

      Delete
  4. No worries. Just wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete