Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spoiled

Yeah, it's true.  I am.  My people know me; they give me gift cards (and statues) to yarn stores so I can buy yarn, they give me books of patterns so I can make things with yarn, they give me notions to make making things with yarn easier on me.  I got a pair of sneakers and a pair of flip flops and a hoodie and a Amazon gift card to indulge my obsession with books...all the things I love.  I am spoiled.  Fortunately, I'm not spoiled rotten though.  Because I don't expect these things and I don't become a horrid brat about it and I am very appreciative and grateful for all the things I get.  

But yes, I am a bit spoiled. :)

I had a wonderful birthday and not just because of the prezzies.  There was quality family time, which you know I love.  A nice dinner out with lots of laughing...and an impromptu group sing when "Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard" came on the radio.  I think we may have scared the other patrons with that, but hey, that's who we are as a family so they can just deal.

So now, work (blech) and then home.  Where I think I'm going to put one of those patterns to work, along with my new notions, and see if I can't make something fun.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, sounds like you have a great family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. I really, really do. I am very lucky and blessed to have them.

      Delete
    2. Did you get my email yesterday, by the way, since you were having email problems?

      Delete
    3. I did...and I responded. Did you not get the response? Let me know if you didn't and I will resend it! It was lovely to see, btw. :)

      Delete
    4. Oops, sorry, it was in the junk folder. I should have thought of that, doh! Off to read and reply to it now. :)

      Delete
    5. Hope my reply didn't get lost to the junk folder again :)

      Delete