Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Universe Conspiring

I think, for some reason, the universe doesn't want me to yarn.

It's not a secret that I am a voracious reader.  It's my first love, before the yarn, and I sometimes find it hard to balance the two.  Riptide Publishing has this awesome feature that if you pre order a book, you get it 48 hours before general release.  I think it's awesome, of course.  Covet Thy Neighbor will be released on Monday and because I pre ordered it, I get it today.  I've been waiting for Seth's story since the very first Tucker Springs book Where Nerves End.  I'm a fan of L.A. Witt, Marie Sexton, and Heidi Cullinan and when I found out that they'd be co authoring a series, sometimes co authoring books, I was thrilled.  I've read them all as they have come out.  And now, finally, Seth's story.  So that's what I'll be doing for he next few hours.

Of course, that does leave plenty of hours to work on the yarn after that.  So, tentatively, that is the plan.  Read the book and then make some adorable (and gruesome) amigurumi.  I don't want to make the plan too solid because then I'm afraid it'll get interrupted or something.  That happens with alarming frequency.

After that, I'm going to work some on Spell Break. Whether that's later today after yarn or tomorrow, we'll see.  I have the next two "episodes" plotted out with notes.  Tune in Monday to see episode two.  

But first?  More coffee.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the Tucker Springs books, though I've heard about them.

    I'll definitely tune in on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them. There are the usual quibbles you see with contemporary romance. But overall solid writing and characters that are relatable and likable. I give em a solid four stars as a whole.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kris & Alder. I'm caught up on all your posts now lol. These three ladies are some of my fave authors. I just loved Dirty Laundry! I met the three last year at RT in Chicago and they are so down to earth funny. Kris I've no doubt you'll get it all done. I'm distracted today but I'm enjoying the book I'm going to review. Btw Alder, I started with Dirty Laundry first and then went back to the beginning and it was okay. I just happened to be in the mood for DL first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they totally work as stand alones...but you meet some characters in previous books. It's not necessary to read them in order though. BTW, I really enjoyed Covet Thy Neighbor.

      And thanks Mary! I'm working on the list of things to do. One at a time, I'll get it done.

      Delete
  3. There's nothing like that email from Riptide telling you that your new book is ready to download, is there? And I love that their books are always so well edited that one doesn't have to give it another thought.

    I've only been reading your blog for a little while so forgive me if you've covered this already, but I found a way to combine my first love (reading) with enjoying knitting but not finding it interesting enough: audiobooks. It's perfect - I love listening to audiobooks anyway (started when I used to drive long distances) and most of the knitting I do is suited to listening while I work. Since perforce I'm sitting still (either inside or outside, depending on the weather), I can even use old-fashoned technology and listen to cassettes! (I only like unabridged audiobooks, and they're cheaper to pick up on cassette.) I do also indulge in brand-new books in digital format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helena! I, too, love that email. Especially when I've forgotten that I pre ordered something or forgotten the release date. It's a wonderful surprise. And I agree, they are one of the good publishers.

      I do have a few books on audio but my problem happens to be that I get sucked into one or the other. Either the story pulls me in and I end up listening in rapt attention with the yarn just sitting in my hands or the project demands my attention and I miss stuff going on in the story. It's OK if it's one I listened to before, but if it's a new story, I hate it when I miss stuff. Same goes for TV; I only put on something I've seen before or that doesn't require all of my attention. I wish I had the ability you do!

      Delete
    2. I suspect it's because you do more complicated knitting than I do!!

      Delete