Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

28

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that I had put up a post every day in the month so far.  Well, except for that one day I posted twice and didn't post the next day.  (The extra post on the 24th doesn't count ☻)  Either way, I realized that I had the same number of posts for the month as the month had days thus far and I made a silent vow to myself that I would put up a post every day for the entire month.

In the past, I haven't always been great about that.  There have been months where I've barely posted at all.  I fall into that trap sometimes; complacency.  But even more than that, I felt like I didn't have anything worthwhile to say, so why write?  I've gotten much better about that.  And now, as the month closes, I've made my goal.  I have put up a post everyday.  

There is a part of me that cannot believe that it's been nearly a year since I started this blog.  I was inspired, you see, by all the blogs that I had started to follow.  I'm late to the whole blogosphere world.  I only started reading and following blogs a little over a year ago.  And I lurked for a very long time before I got up the nerve to comment (it goes back to my whole social anxiety thing) even though I was posting on my own blog.  But now, as I've made a few friends, I'm much more comfortable here.  I comment in a few places where I feel that I can, and I write my thoughts here, along with whatever project I'm working on.  

As the one year anniversary of For The Yarn Of It approaches, I don't regret a single thing.  And that is something I can have pride in.  

4 comments:

  1. Amazing accomplishment! And it's okay to just say hi too. It's your blog so there's no minimum or maximum word count lol. Have a great day! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary! As always, you make a good point. I /can/ write whatever I want, can't I? I'm coming to realize that, I think. Thanks for the support and the hugs! Sending you a tight squeeze back.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Almost a year - as Mary says, that's an amazing accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete