Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One to go

One mitt finished...one more to go. The dreaded SSS has reared it's ugly head and I don't wanna do the other one. I will, but I don't wanna.  I try to look at it as one whole project and its only half complete but no such luck. My brain is disagreeing vehemently. It says "we've done that already, why would we do it again?"  Silly brain. I'm really going to have to force myself. Once I get the next one started, I'll be able to make myself finish. Maybe this weekend. 

I finally heard back from the website about the missing yarn. Apparently, it is out of stock. The one skein the sent was the last one they had. There is no word on when the stock will be replenished. I still have two skeins from my previous shopping endeavor. So that's plenty to work with for the moment. I'll still need all the ones that will eventually arrive. And probably more on top of that. Good thing afghans can never really be too big...especially where Sis is concerned. 

All that aside, my muse is already trying to decide on what to work on next. I'm desperately trying to tell her to put a sock in it. But. As you can imagine, she's ignoring me completely. I'll let you know when she decides. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you definitely have to finish Toby's mitts, I want to see the photo of the finished pair and see how you got on with the thumbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the great thumb debacle. Toby and I talked last night and came up with an acceptable alternative. But I'm not sure I'm happy with it. Once I get the other mitt finished, I'm going to revisit the thumbs. And then post pics!

      Delete