Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

OCD...sorta

I'm certainly not Monk level OCD. There are just certain things that I have to do a certain way. And there are certain tendencies I have that I have to do. Last night, it was making a list of something completely random. But when I got it in my head, I could not let it go. I had to get up, find a piece of paper and a pencil and make my list. And I sat there with it in my lap until I could remember that last thing that had to go on it. When that last item came to me and I wrote it down, I was good. I could put the list away. 

Another thing that I like to do, and I'm not sure if it qualifies, is that I time myself doing things. Take the baby's blanket, for example. Because its worked in separate motifs, I'll turn on the stop watch on my phone and time myself for how long it takes to complete it. And then, given a certain amount of over/under, I'll keep timing myself to make sure it's each consecutive one is done in the right amount if time. 

Now, I don't think these things are be necessarily bad, but I sometimes wonder if its a subtle way for me to exert control. Because when I make my plans, and something gets in the way of completing it, I get all out of sorts and it takes me a while to get my head clear. 

I don't know if its something I should roll with or if its something I should try to get over. 

2 comments:

  1. I would say that it depends if it annoys you or not. If you’re not stressed by it, then you could just accept it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that, mostly, it's not stressful for me though I know it can be irritating for other people ;) I guess as long as its not debilitating, a few quirks don't hurt.

    ReplyDelete