Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Birthday Report

So. Mom had an excellent birthday. First there was dinner out. And the food was amazing so that made it worth it. Then back to my aunt and uncle's for cake and prezzies. Mom was excited to get her slippers and her Triple A renewed. And she was ecstatic with the wrap. She raved about the warmth and how it stayed put. That's the beauty of that design; the way it fits over the shoulders means it doesn't slide off. She liked it a lot and that made me happy. She also got a pretty night light with a stained glass cover with a Monarch on it and a journal. She was just tickled with the whole thing.  And we were all pleased with her reactions. 

Next up is my birthday..,but that's still more than a month away. 

Auntie is an incredibly gifted crafter. So while Mom was otherwise occupied in conversation, I got to talk to Auntie about Toby's mitts. She was impressed with my ingenuity so far and had some ideas about the whole thumb dilemma. I think, between the two of us, we managed to figure out a way to make it work. I'm going to give her suggestion a practice run so that if it doesn't work, I don't have to frog the whole thumb and start over. It's good to have such an experienced crafter to talk to. She's been knitting/crocheting longer than I've been alive. She knows a thing or two. I'm lucky to have her. 

Already ready to be home and back to the knitting. Sometimes, having a job sure gets in the way of life ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment