Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

I Ran Out of Yarn!

Gasp!  It's true.  It hasn't happened to me in such a very long time because I usually over buy so that exact thing doesn't happen.  But in this situation, with making Mom's wrap from left overs from a different project that I over bought on, I guess it's understandable.  Still, I thought I had enough to complete the project.  Turns out, I didn't.  So there was yarn shopping this morning.

I went to my favorite store because I was certain that they would have what I needed.  I was actually a little bit heartbroken that they didn't.  Not only didn't they have the color, but they didn't even carry the kind of yarn.  I think I stared at the section where it should have been for like three minutes before I could convince myself it wasn't there.  Then, I walked up and down the aisle twice to make sure it wasn't somehow somewhere else.  Fortunately, there was another craft store in the same plaza.  I headed over there, half convinced that they wouldn't have it either and I'd have to go all the way down to the other store.  I sighed in blessed relief when the second store had it.  They only had two colors, but one of them was the one that I needed.  I was hoping to pick up some more for Sis's afghan, too, but the other color was not her color.  For 60 seconds, I contemplated heading down to the third store, but I just didn't want to.  I had what I needed, so I checked out and came home.  

I really didn't want to go out at all this morning but because I needed the yarn and had to stop at the bank, I made myself.  Fortunately, all the snow from yesterday had been cleared off the roads and though it was a bit wet and some parts were just a tiny bit slippery and the traction control in my car turned on, it was mostly smooth sailing.

Now, I'm home again and I will put something interesting on the telly and finish Mom's wrap.  And then, because it's Saturday, I'll take a nap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment